Friday, December 3, 2010

Music Business 101

This is a email that I received this morning from my friend and Music Business Coach Mr. Ty Cohen. For those that do not know him, well Ty can assist you in achieving your goals in your music career. Check out this letter because I feel it also play a part in your career.

"Hi Yunique

Today I want to talk to you about something that you may not always
hear from me, but is something that you should learn to incorporate
into your life, right along with your passion for making good music.

And thats the importance of Staying Focused.

When I'm out and about at different music events, no matter
what city or state I'm in people always tell me how "Bad
they want it" ("It" meaning the success, fame, money that
they see their favorite artist or celebrity has)

And what happens, is usually these same individuals are super hype,
motivated and FOCUSED while at the event and even for a few hours
afterward, but most never carry that excitement and focus past the
first day or two.

You see being focused about what you want out of life is not
just something that you should allow to move in and out of your
life so easily. You want to be the KING or QUEEN of being
focused and by that I mean you want to be focused 90% of the
time, because most people will be be at a level half that amount

That means that...

YOU are Focused...
When others are out partying

YOU are Focused...
When others are playing on Twiter, Facebook or
wasting time on gossip blogs

YOU are Focused...
When others are distracted by other things in life

YOU are Focused...
When life is not going as well as you would like it to go
and even when you're dead broke.

YOU are Focused...
Even when life is great, your finances are great, your health is good, etc
(I saw this because belive it or not, when things are really
good... Most people let their focus go right out the window)

Always keep in mind that at any given hour of the day there are thousands and
in some cases many more than that, who want the same thing out of life that
YOU want, but in most cases its the one who is most "Focused" that gets it ;)

Until next time, enjoy life to the fullest!

Ty
Your Music Business Coach!"

No comments:

Post a Comment